Friday, March 25, 2011

The Jaguar XJ6

I've got Jaguars on the brain again. Specifically the 1995-1997 Jaguar XJ6 and XJR, the last cars imported to the US with the inline-6 engine.

Besides the usual charms, this version of the XJ6 has something rare for a Jaguar--reliability. The drivetrains are bulletproof and the electrical systems were exorcised of all the typical British electric demons.

What's more, these cars are going on 16 years old and are relatively cheap to own--you can pick up a good example for around $7,500. Additionally, they are starting to develop some collector interest. They are the last of the XJ series made before Jaguar introduced its V8 engine and also the last cars that were partially influenced by the company's founder, Sir William Lyons.

I've always had a soft spot for Jaguar sedans, particularly the XJ6. If I ever stumble across one of these in good condition, I'd be hard pressed to pass it up.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love this car as well and my boyfriend picked one up for me a couple of weeks ago. The V6 engine just purrs and the car drives so well on the road..This one may be my daily drive to work car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo estoy en España cerca de los Pirineos, al norte de España y he tenido ocasión de comprar un xj6 del año 1997, aunque gasta bastante gasolina pero es un gran coche, con un diseño maravilloso, soy josespagne35@yahoo.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, soy propietario de este modelo idéntico al de la foto, y su funcionamente es maravilloso, el motor funciona como una maquinaria de relojería suiza. Me gustaría que alguien me comentase su precio actual!?

    ReplyDelete